Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Je ne sais pas.

Bonjour everyone, I apologize for the  longer than expected absence, but I have had a very busy past few days. The weekend was spent with Barbara's birthday on Friday night, when we went to a very beautiful restaurant overlooking Lake Geneva then she proceeded to have lots of fun dancing while Tara and I read at home. Saturday, although we were supposed to attend a street fair in Geneva, dates were mixed up and we ended up simply hanging out with a few of Barbara's close friends that (thankfully) had children Tara's age. Sunday was a day spent at home, where we all intermittently read and talked and ate. Tara then had school holiday on Monday, when we had the unfortunate luck of it pouring rain for most of the day which meant a trip into Nyon was out of the question so we again spent the day at home or on long walks around Begnins.
The following photos were from our trip to Geneva on Saturday.
One of many beautiful countrysides on the way to Geneva... I just wish it had better light.


I have been very fortunate to end up in a village I never dreamed could still exist. While every town and city has its poor-spirited citizens, the people of Begnins are incredibly friendly and it's simply unheard-of to pass someone on the street without saying, "Bonjour." Begnins is also home to some of the most beautiful homes I have ever seen, which no modern architect could ever replicate.

Enough about Begnins, the following photos and text are all about my day in Nyon yesterday (which also happened to be the most stressful days of my life, someone send me to a spa please!).

First photo of the day.





Since my day in Nyon was incredibly stressful after this point, I would just like to say: if you aren't jealous of my current location, you are absolutely nuts.

Good night, everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment