Monday, October 3, 2011

Tchao

        Yes, I know it's been awhile. Yes, I know people usually spell it "ciao", but that is the correct French spelling. Yes, I think it's weird too.
        Anyway, I have been busy busy busy. I am finally getting into a routine here and time is going by quickly. Three weeks already! I'll be back home before I know it. Tomorrow I have my third French class, and here's hoping we learn something that will help me communicate with the many people who try to speak to me (in only French of course) on a daily basis. Personally, I don't think telling them what their nationality is or counting to twenty makes for good conversation.
        This weekend I planned my first trip, since I have a week off at the end of October. Ladies and gentlemen, I am going to London: where people speak good, old English. I'll be there from the 24th to the 29th, taking in as much as possible and hopefully going on a day trip to Brighton. Cross your fingers for beautiful weather, but I need to buy some wellies just in case :).

       Also, this past weekend I went with Barbara, Tara and a few of Barbara's friends to a British car show in Morges (about halfway between here and Lausanne). There were so many beautiful old cars, it was unfortunate my camera was having technical difficulties. Luckily, I managed to snag a few good pictures.
In the coming week and a half, I hope to have the motivation to post two more times... once with a photo-timeline of my normal activities, and another showing the Swiss alternatives to popular American locations (grocery store, restaurant, house, etc,).
      Anyway, here are the photos from the car show. Enjoy!






To reassure my mother and other worried family members, I am indeed alive and healthy. You all worry too much... seriously though.

Above, a song that's been stuck in my head. Sleep well everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment