Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I know I know

     I'm sorry it's been so long since I lasted posted. I haven't had many photo-taking opportunities since the Monet exhibition from the weekend before this one didn't allow photography, and I didn't want to take my camera to a club, and I was too busy shopping to take photos at the market in Divonne, France.

But then again, you all didn't get to hear about these things.
     Last weekend I went with Tara and Barbara and Hachemi to a Monet exhibition in Morges. It was incredible (even though they wouldn't let me bring in my camera :( ). I cannot even describe how amazing the paintings were.  I saw some of the most well-known paintings in the world up-close. People probably thought I was weird because I spent about 5 minutes staring at each painting. I had a bad habit of standing very close, then backing up. "Look at that weird American, she must have a vision problem." Who cares though, because I saw true talent on canvas, and got myself a poster of course.
     Here is a fairly famous Monet painting, in case you have no idea who he is or are just confused perpetually.
     This weekend was the beginning of Tara's October break. I wish I had a two week break at the end of October when I was in school. Unfortunately, I'm all alone though because Hachemi took Tara to visit her grandmother in France starting on Saturday morning. So, to celebrate my first month here, Barbara and I went for a night out in Nyon and saw some awesome live music and had fun. We went to a local bar owned by a friend of her's, called La Parenthese. It was very cool and completely packed. One of those places that you would only be able to find if you knew it's location beforehand. I liked it a lot :).
     Then on Sunday, Barbara and I went to a market in Divonne. There was a wide selection of everything you could possibly think of: fruits, veggies, spices, clothes, cheese (of course), table clothes, furniture, you name it. I got a couple sweaters and some caramel covered almonds... so delicious. After the market, we had lunch with Luc at the restaurant where his paintings are all displayed. It was fun, and we were all acting so ridiculous that I'm surprised they didn't throw us out. Typical.
     Tomorrow I am going to Geneva to spend the day wandering and taking all the pictures I wanted to take last time I was there. I promise to post before I leave for London on Monday!
     Bye for now :) I have to go study for my French class tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment